15. THE CARYA POEMS (16-20)

FROM THE HISTORY OF BANGLADESH IN B.C

Caryapada 16

Poet: Mohidharapada, Raga Vairabi

The 'anahata' sound came pounding in three planks like black clouds thundering.

It made the unfearing 'mara' flee with the mandala.

Like a wild elephant the mind runs towards the fathomless space. It thirsts.

Breaking the chains of virtue and vice, uprooting the pillar.

Only I could hear the sounds of nothingness in the sky.

My mind seeks Nirvana.

Intoxicated with the wine of Supreme Bliss

The drunkard ignores the three skies.

No enemy can be found for one who has mastered the five subjects.

The heat of the scorching sun

Drives me to the Ganges of the sky.

Mohita says: I have not seen anything in my dive.


Caryapada 17

Poet: Vinapada, Raga Patamanjuri

The sun was the gourd, the moon was used as used as its strings.

The unstruck sound was the neck

And the ascetic woman became the disc.

O maid, it is the sound of Herua's Vina,

the sound of the Void as it vibrates into Karuna.

The duality of the real and the unreal are my bow,

While I console myself with wine of the elephant.

When the camel got caught in the camel trap,

the sound from thirty-two strings vibrated at the same time.

Dance vajracary, sing goddess.

Buddham dharma is incomprehensible.


Caryapada 18

Poet: Kanhupada, Raga Gaura

I plied three worlds with great ease

and slept in the sport of great happiness.

Hello Dombi, tell me, how is your lover,

he who is at the high castle outside,

but inside, a kapali.

Dom woman, you have turned everything into the untouchable

Without any reason you have pushed aside the moon.

Some say you are very bad.

Wise men do not leave your neck.

Kanhu sings: you are candali, passion-woman.

Domni, there is no one as unchaste as you.


Caryapada 19

Poet: Kanhupada, Rage Vairabi

Samsara and Nirvana are the tabor and the drum.

The mind and vital breath are the flute and the cymbal.

Victory cries spill over the sky.

Kanhupa goes to wed Domni.

By marriage to Domni he consumed the birth.

For a dowry he received blissful religion.

Day and night pass in love making.

Night ends in the net of the yogini.

The yogi is intense with Domni.

He does not leave her for a second.

He is intoxicated with the love of Sahaja.


Caryapada 20

Poet: Kukkuripada, Raga Patamanjuri

I have no hope, my husband is a monk.

My sensuous pleasures cannot be expressed in words.

When I looked at the confinement chamber

I committed an abortion.

What I want cannot be got there.

My first born a son was desired.

Only by feeling his pulses did I know how pitiful he was.

When I blossomed into full youth

I got rid of my mother and killed my father.

Kukkuripa says this world is static.

He who knows that is the winner.

0 comments:

Post a Comment